This is such a cool surprise! TWO fabulous bloggers have nominated me for the Liebster Award! Thanks so much to A Day in the Life of a Title 1 Teacher and Secondgradealicious for thinking of me. I began blogging about 6 years ago with my Journey Through Breast Cancer blog. I wanted to give a positive viewpoint of how God held me as I went through cancer, how I told my girls, and just what each day held.
I started blogging again earlier this year, but this time about the exciting world of Pre-K. The silly things they say and do. And some of the lessons I use with them.
In order for me to accept this award, there are a few rules that I have to follow:
- Link back to the blog that nominated me
- Nominate 5-11 blogs with fewer than 200 followers
- Answer the questions posted for me by my nominator
- Share 11 random facts about myself
- Create 11 questions for my nominees
- Contact my nominees and let them know I nominated them!
1. What's one of your funniest teaching moments? I love this overheard conversation between two of my 2nd graders: girl one (referring to morning tutorials): Did you have Odyssey this morning? girl two: No, I had kolaches!
2. Have you traveled outside of your home country? I went to Canada on vacation with my grandparents when I was a teen., but no other place since then.
3. If you could be on a talk show or reality show which would it be and why? I would want to be in the audience of Ellen during a give-a-away!! LOL
4. What made you decide to start blogging? Originally, it was to keep track of my journey through breast cancer. It was hard to keep track one day to the next without writing it all out and it was a way to keep family and friends informed of what was happening.
5. If you could have any superpower what would it be and why? The power to heal either by word or touch as there is so much hurt in my classroom.
6. What actor/actress would you want to portray you in a movie? I would love to be portrayed by Amy Adams! Such a girl next door, yet incredibly beautiful.
7. What's your favorite book? The Velveteen Rabbit. It reminds me of my Granny!
8. What is your favorite way to spend your free time? Swimming or brainlessly watching an episode of Say Yes to the Dress! =D
9. If you could go anywhere in the world where would you go? To Heaven to spend more time with my Granny and to meet my mother.
10. If you could have dinner with anyone in the world, alive or dead, real or fictional, who would it be and why? Same as above! With my Granny and my mother... they would be proud to hear of my family, job, and the things I've done and overcome.
11. If you didn't teach, what job would you have? I would be Mayor.
11 Random Facts About Me:
1. I have never taken a foreign language... high school or college.
2. I was in Kindergarten when my hubby graduated high school.
3. I am an exercise DVD junky even tho most of them just collect dust.
4. I love to cut hair... I've cut hubby and all 4 kids for many years now.
5. I still cry just during the opening musical score of Black Beauty.
6. I wear a hearing aid.
7. I have an extremely dry sense of humor.
8. I don't own a TV.
9. I have recently developed a phobia of bridges!
10. During my time with cancer I overcame my life long fear of public speaking, teaching in front of the principal, having to present....
11. I feel ellipses belong in most sentences...
11 questions for my nominees:
1. Are you married? How long? Children?
2. Do you prefer a snowy winter or a hot summer?
3. How early do you do your Christmas shopping?
4. What is the one thing you've always wanted to do but haven't been able to?
5. Which gift certificate would you most want to recieve?
6. What drink (alcoholic or not) do you most order when you eat out?
7. Have you ever wanted to learn to sew, crochet, or knit? Can you?
8. What does you ideal date night look like?
9. If you could bring your act to X-Factor... what would you bring?
10. Are you a night-owl?
11. On a scale of 1 to 10 with 10 being the highest ability...where do you put your technical abilities at school?
1. Ms BBZ
2. Teaching with Nancy
3. Mrs. Balius's First Grade
4. Leaping into Learning
5. Desktop Learning Adventures
6. Texas Teacher Round-Up
7. Zoom Zoom Classroom
8. Miss Martin's Classroom
9. Making Math Magic
10. Creating Art With Kids
11. Second Grade Stories