Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Game Show Bonanza

I can't tell you how much I've enjoyed making my new Game Shows!!  I'm working on one for Landforms at the moment, but have quite a few for 2nd-4th grade Math and Language Arts.  I've really upped the game by adding game show contestants and actual on the spot automatic scoring.  It's really added a LOT to the games and the teachers (and students) are having a fun time with them!

They are basically in a Jeopardy style format with categories and dollar amounts.   There are four contestants, so you'd begin by dividing your class into four groups. Those four groups choose which "contestants" team they are on.  One by one, a team will choose a category and dollar value.  A question appears and the team answers.  Once you guess an answer, you click the "Check Answer" button for the answer to appear.  If you got the answer right, you click on your "contestant" to award your team the point value.  You can now choose to go back to the game board to choose another question OR go to the scoreboard where you'll find the contestants at their game console, which also shows the current scores.

The games all follow Common Core Standards and include:
Multiplication & Division Facts
Place Value
Comparing & Ordering Numbers
a Halloween Theme for Grammar

Here's a link to the Game Show page at my TpT store:  http://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Store/Tiny-Toes/Category/Game-Show




1 comment:

  1. I love your blog and your great posts. I'm Booing you! Surprise! Now it's your turn to spread the fun. Go to my blog to read the details!

    Friendly Froggies

    ReplyDelete